EasyCOV: Covid-19 salivary rapid molecular test
No lab required
No lab required
SkillCell and Sys2Diag/CNRS leveraged their technological expertise and deployed exceptional resources to develop EasyCOV, a particularly relevant test in the fight against Covid-19 outbreak:
- Detection of the virus in saliva, a major vector in the spread of this virus
- Easy to use – No lab required
- Results within 1 hour
- Easy to interpret: color change
EasyCOV is particularly adapted to support efficient reopening strategies.
EasyCOV performance validation study started at Montpellier teaching hospital on April 11th 2020.
Engaged to fight Covid-19 outbreak
In the current context of the global Covid-19 pandemic, SKILLCELL and SYS2DIAG/CNRS transformed their rapid diagnostic tests expertise and know-how to develop EasyCOV, a rapid and easy to use molecular saliva-based screening test for Covid-19. Saliva is a major vector in the spread of Covid-19 virus. Furthermore, as shown in several top-notch scientific studies, saliva allows an efficient detection of the virus in addition of a non-invasive and secured sample collection.
EasyCOV has been clinically validated. It confirmed a highly satisfactory performance in terms of specificity and sensitivity.
EasyCOV test is easy to use, requires no lab and provides rapid results:
- Collect the saliva sample with the provided device
- Place the sample collection in the first small tube containing specific chemical reagents – place it at 65°c
- Transfer a small volume of the first tube to the second one with the provided device and place it at 65°c
- Add the final provided solution with the appropriate device
- Read the colorimetric output:
- Yellow : the test is positive for Covid-19
- Orange : the test is negative for Covid-19
The test is completed in less than 1 hour.